Windward House Sweet & Savory Double Cooked Smoked Salmon Waffles
2 tablespoons marscapone cheese
1 teaspoon Ground fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon Maine sea salt
2 ounces Samaki organic smoked salmon
2 teaspoons Fresh dill finely minced
1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Horseradish
1 1/2 cups lukewarm Maine’s Own Organic milk
3/4 teaspoon Maine sea salt
2 large organic free range eggs
2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
2 tablespoons organic corn meal
1. Mix the cheese, herbs and salmon in a food processor until whipped and uniform.
2. Mix the batter (milk, eggs flour and yeast)
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for about two hours in the fridge.
4. Remove from fridge and mix the batter with the whipped cheese mixture. Mix until almost smooth.
5. Preheat the waffle iron at maximum heat and spray with non-stick vegetable oil.
6. Separate the batter into enough for one waffle, and put half in the waffle iron. When it is almost toasted on the outside, remove it, and mix it back into the batter.
7. Spray the waffle iron again and then put one hundred percent of one waffle’s worth of batter into the iron, and cook until golden brown.
This makes about 4 deep 7 inch waffles.
Serve with vegetable cream cheese and maple butter!(you can ask us for these recipes also.)