- 1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance , equal to 8 Tablespoons
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats, processed into flour (or 1.5 cups oat flour)
- 2-4 teaspoons coconut milk (only if needed to moisten batter)
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flax and water and set aside for a few minutes to thicken – creating the flax egg.
- Combine flax egg, coconut oil, organic peanut butter, and vanilla. Add brown and cane sugars. With an electric mixer, beat the ingredients to combine and smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients, Baking soda, baking powder, Salt, cocoa, processed oats. Add to the wet ingredients. If dough is dry, add a teaspoon (or two) of coconut milk and beat the mixture again.
- Fold the chocolate chips in.
- take a tablespoon of dough, and place on the baking sheet 2-3 inches apart. Gently press down on each ball with a fork to flatten.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Do Not COOK FOR LONGER THAN 12 MINUTES OR COOKIES WILL BE ROCK HARD
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.
Enjoy these Vegan gluten free cookies. We often have these available for our guests at snack time, a.k.a. tea time.
This recipe was modified from the One Bowl Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe from Oh She Glows Website.