This weekend is the start of High Season in Camden Maine. Friday and Sunday are both supposed to be beautiful days.The room rates for the hotels and Inns are still low, and the restaurants are all open. Right there are 3 reasons to come this weekend or any weekend in May. But this weekend is special, I can give you 10 more reasons to come. Here they are – 10 reasons to come to Camden Maine this weekend. Please enjoy these ideas for A Camden Weekend.
- FREE 1 hr boat cruises from Camden Harbor. Schooner Surprise, The lobster boat – Lively Lady and Schooner Olad have all generously agreed to offer free tours starting at 10:30 AM until 3 pm. There are few boats in the water and the landscape is divine. You feel like you have the whole ocean to yourself. Bring a camera, sweater, and a blanket.
- It is Camden is Blooming weekend in our downtown. Camden is Blooming is a shop local community event. There will be sidewalk sales, music, food and fun in the downtown. All walking distance from Windward House
- RhumbLine is open. That’s right, one of our favorite seasonal restaurants is open for business. Sit on the boat shed side of the harbor and look out onto the village of Camden Maine. The dock of this restaurant has picnic benches and a tiki bar. The food is fantastic. Come and enjoy this local favorite space before the tourists come.
- The Red Cloak History tours of Camden start this weekend. Every year I say I am going to go on this tour – this year I will and so should you. As an Innkeeper, I am always getting asked where the walking tours are. Camden is such a walkable town.
- Camden Farmers Market is open in their new location, 116 Washington Street. Come and experience the local flavors of Camden Maine. I am sure there will be fiddleheads.
- Mother’s Day Plant sale at Avena Botanicals in Rockport Maine. There is a herb tour from 1:30- 2:30.
- Paws on Parade in the downtown. The local animal shelter will have a fun parade and events in harbor park starting at 9:30 AM.
- Bring a lawn chair – the CRMS and Mojo Jazz band will be playing in harbor park between 2-3:30 pm.
- The Hal McIntyre Orchestra will be playing at the Camden Opera House on Sunday.
- WINDWARD HOUSE, WALKING DISTANCE TO ALL WEEKEND EVENTS IS OFFERING A DISCOUNT. Stay at Windward, book now and get a 30% discount for this weekend ( only to be used on new reservation. Not in conjunction with any other discounts). Use promotion code MomDay. I baked my famous double chocolate chip cookies! Vegan. – Vegans and Non-vegans love them.