“I developed a fondness for Maine cooking,…and to the end of my days the simple foods…will seem to me more delicious than all the “specialties of the house” that can be produced by the world’s most famous chefs.” -Kenneth Roberts from Trending Into Maine, Grandma’s Kitchen
Our American Traditional Breakfast Menu features fresh local Maine ingredients and traditional comfort foods made from scratch. You can choose to sit alone or with others. The only Bed and Breakfast in Camden that offers you choices in the morning and is VEGAN FRIENDLY and has Gluten- Free options! Our Breakfast Menu Includes our standard Maine Fresh Offerings:
KIND BREAKFAST MENU
In your complementary (FREE) made to order menu breakfast we use local and organic ingredients and favor small local and organic providers.
- Eggs – two farm fresh organic-fed free range eggs prepared to your liking
- Pancakes – Buttermilk, Maine Wild blueberry, or Orange Yogurt (can be prepared vegan and or gluten free at your request)
- Waffles – American style waffle (can be prepared vegan and or gluten free at your request)
- French Toast – Organic Sourdough (Fresh Cream, Vanilla and Lightly Fried in Organic Butter
- Special of the Day may include special omelets, French toast with orange rum bananas, Eggs Benedict
- Vegan Bacon(tempeh) or Vegan Sausage
- Bacon – Bleeker & Flamm Maine Street Meats local bacon
- Pork Breakfast Sausages
- Toast – Organic Multigrain or Wheat, Organic Sourdough
- Breakfast Cereal, Organic Plain Yogurt
Vegan & Vegetarian Choices
- Sweet or Savory Sweet Potato
- Organic Sticky Rice & Coconut Milk
- Vegan Special of the Day (example: Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito with Vegan cheese)
- Banana-Coconut French Toast
- Blueberry or Plain Pancakes
- Selection of breads and organic spreads
- Green Smoothie - Kale, spinach, unsweetened coconut milk, fruit
- Raw Granola
- Local Organic Preserves
- Selection of hot sauces/ Ketchup/peanut butter
In addition to these standard menu items we offer daily specials.
- Some past daily specials have included huevos rancheros, traditional eggs benedict, Blueberry Yogurt Waffles, Avocado & Aged Cheddar Omellettes, and many more items that feature fresh Maine ingredients.
- Gluten Free & vegetarian offerings available on request.
- Windward House now uses Moo Milk: Maine’s Own Organic Milk, Farm Fresh, Maine Produced, Maine Processed.
Moo Milk: High quality organic milk. Moo Milk is dedicated to keeping organic family farms across Maine in Business. www.moomilkco.com