The Camden Windward House Bed and Breakfast is hosting its first Cookie Walk. I baked 84 cookies today and prepared cookies dough for another 100 to baked off tomorrow. Tomorrow is the kick off to the Christmas By the Sea Holiday in the Mid Coast of Maine. It is a wonderful time to visit the area. There will be a parade in the downtown and the annual Christmas Tree Lighting. Saturday, Camden Windward House is the sponsor of Santa coming to Camden Harbor by Lobster Boat @ 11:30am. Santa motors in and then walks up to the Camden Public Library (12:00pm) to read the Night Before Christmas to the children. at 1:00 The Camden Windward House will host the Cookie Walk. The cookie fundraiser benefits local school nurse Judy Clossey. Judy has been helping area children for over 35 years.
1st coookie for the WALK:White Chocolate and Rasperry Cookies: 11 ounces white baking chocolate 1/2 cup butter, softened 1 cup sugar 1 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp Salt 2 eggs 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour 1/2 cup seedless jam 1/2 tsp shortening 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Melt 4 ounces of white baking chocolate and let cool. Ta ke another 4 ounces of white chocolate and chop int small pieces. 2. Beat in butter, sugar, baking soda and salt, beat until combined. Beat in eggs and melted white chocolate. Beat in flour, and then stir in extra 4 ounces of chopped white chocolat. 3. Drop by tsp onto cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Bake until brown around the edges and bottom. Let stand for 1 minute on the sheet then cool on rack. 4. Before serving, melt jam over low hea. Spoon onto of cookie. Heat the remaing 3 ounces of white chocolate and the shortening. Dizzle over the cookies, refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm. ENJOY!!!
Rooms & Packages
- Windward House Crows Nest Suite Free!
- Windward House Quarterdeck Deluxe Bedroom Free!
- Windward House Windrose Suite Free!
- Windward House Coastal Garden Bedroom Free!
- Windward House Elijah Glover Deluxe Bedroom Free!
- Complimentary Breakfast Free!
- Zardetto Prosecco Sparkling White Wine $15.00
- Atlantic Brewing Bar Harbor Ale Local Maine Beer $3.00
- Organic Prosecco Zardetto $18.00
- Merlot J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot $15.00
- White Wine 90+ Cellars Sauvignon Blanc $13.00
- Windward House Harbor Carriage Deluxe Bedroom Free!
Amazing how State of #Maine wants jobs but small Towns fight innovation. http://t.co/fUSthw61v4
Any #smallbiz Advocates want to help a #vegan Friendly Small Family Biz in #Maine?
Amazing how State of #Maine wants jobs but small Towns fight innovation. http://t.co/Jf41ujoHub