In the heart of it (Camden Maine), from the heart of it (Hospitality)
Our mission is to welcome, personally, guests of all ages to the Maine coast, and our home, to rest, breakfast and experience Camden from the best location in town.
Windward House B&B
In the heart of it, from the heart of it.
Location, Food, Friendliness & Comfort since 1985
Complimentary Breakfast | Offstreet Parking | Lux Bedding|Free WiFi
- Check our reviews and you’ll find certain comments repeated over and over:
- Windward breakfasts are made to order with fresh local ingredients, allowing the guest to choose from a menu
- Windward beds offer sleep like no other with high thread count Egyptian cotton, hand pressed, like only a boutique hotel might offer
- Windward location – quiet, offstreet parking and an easy stroll to the harbor shops and dining
- Windward’s hosts – with a warm greeting and plenty of information and suggestions on how to make the most of your stay
The Innkeepers at Windward House B&B Camden Maine
Matt Dempsey and Dan Hall, innkeepers, and their loyal companion Barney (he’s behind the scenes) run this small B&B. We took the reins from former innkeeper Kristi Bifulco in September 2017 and will continue to build on the success she has made in the last 12 years. Matt used to work in IT as a computer programmer and Dan worked as a Store Manager of a large chain retail store. Matt was laid off in 2017 and together they decided that fate was stepping in to let them start their dream. We visited over 15 B&B’s on the East Coast, all the way from Maine down to North Carolina. Luckily Camden was one of our earlier stops as every other stop was always compared back to Camden. The rest is history!
At Windward, the accent is on the comfort of our guests. The location, the fantastic bedsheets, and the casual atmosphere are all deliberate choices to make guests feel at home. In the heart of the Historic Village District of Camden Maine the proprietors of Windward House have cultivated a warm homey feeling for their guests. They offer Camden Maine’s only B&B menu breakfast of fresh fruit, comfort foods and specials made with fresh local and organic ingredients. Windward House B&B features many modern amenities while maintaining her historic charm. Our most frequent comments by guests are how comfy the beds are, what a great location, what great choices for breakfast, and that the guest is confident they made the right choice.
We thank all past, present and future guests of Windward who have made it possible for us to be here! Thanks also to our friends and neighbors in the Town of Camden for all their gracious acceptance and support!