Think of Camden Maine as a microcosm of all the quintessential Maine coast activities. Camden is an authentic Maine village. But Camden is also the resort enjoyed by Windward Inn’s guests because they can walk to it all!
This page is meant to give an overview of the activities of Camden Maine. But whether you’re new to the area, or have been visiting for years, there is always something new to discover. That’s why we created MyCamdenMaine.com. There you will find a Camden Maine area event calendar. Also MyCamdenMaine is a blog with Camden Maine travel itineraries, and highlights and features about local restaurants, shops and things to do.
Camden Maine Area Activities and Great Things in Town
Hiking, Kayaking, Sailing, Swimming, Dining, Shopping, Antiquing, Bicycling, Downhill Skiing, Cross Country Skiiing, Photography, Painting, Cooking Classes, Furniture Making Workshops, Media and Film Making Workshops, Island Exploring, Windjammer Cruises, Rock Climbing, Snow Shoeing, Fishing, Book Store shopping, Home decor, Art, Ice Cream, Cocktails, Seasonal Festivals… and much much more.
Just check out the Camden Maine travel blog for specific ideas and information.
A (brief and incomplete) List of Camden Maine activities
- Hiking – Camden Hills State Park is walking distance from Windward House B&B
- View Highlights – driving – Mt. Battie auto-road to the view at the top. Hiking only – the Ocean Overlook trail.
- Swimming – Lake Swimming at Lake Megunticook is a few minutes drive from Windward House B&B. Ocean Swimming – Laite Beach is a short walk from Windward House B&B. For a sand beach, Lincolnville Beach is a short drive north. This cute tiny area has a lobster pound, a pizzeria and public bathrooms.
- Dining in Camden Maine – there are several great restaurants to choose from within walking distance to the Windward House B&B.
- Sailing – there are day sailers for two hour tours of Penobscott Bay and longer. The windjammers take folks out for multi-day sailing adventures.
- Kayaking – you can rent a kayak. The Windward House B&B rents a tandem (2 person kayak) and also, Maine Sport rents kayaks and conducts tours of the bay. Lake kayaking at the nature preserve is a fantastic Camden Maine activity.
- Antiquing – Camden Merchant’s cooper is a Camden Maine activity walking distance from the Windard House B&B.
- Shopping – There are many unique shops in Camden. They tend to be individually owned and operated so they reflect the taste of their owners. You can find art, clothes, and many other interesting unique and fun items. This Camden Maine activity is a favorite among guests of the Windward House B&B because of the Inn’s perfect walking distance location.
- Golf – there are no less than four golf courses from ten to twenty-five minutes drive from Camden Windward House B&B!
- For more information on Camden Maine Activities or trip planning give the Camden Windward House B&B a call at 877-492-9656. We’d love to help!
- Dining Options in Camden Maine
- Skiing, yes if you can ski the Maine Coast, you can ski anywhere! Known for the extreme skiing conditions, you certainly get a work out