Posts Tagged ‘Vegan cookies’
Feb 27, 2013
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cups organic (vegan) sugar and 1/4 cup to roll the dough in before cooking
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and organic sugar until smooth. Beat in banana and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, roll in sugar, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Enjoy your vegan cookies. No substitutes needed!
I was careful to use organic sugar. Some new vegan bakers are not aware that white sugar goes through a refining process. Bone char (charcoal made from animal bones) is an activated carbon source for this refinement process. Some Vegans do not mind this and some do. The Jewish faith believes the charcoal is so far removed that there is not meat or dairy on the bones. I always choose to use organic vegan sugar – If your going to go Vegan – go all the way!
Rooms & Packages
- Windward House Harbor Carriage Deluxe Bedroom
- Windward House Chart Room Suite
- Organic Prosecco Zardetto $18.00
- Windward House Crow's Nest Queen Bedroom
- Lobster Boat to Table Package $60.00
- White Wine 90+ Cellars Sauvignon Blanc $13.00
- Elephants of Hope Package $60.00
- Merlot J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot $15.00
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Windward House Coastal Garden Bedroom
- Zardetto Prosecco Sparkling White Wine $15.00
- Vegan Picnic Lunch for Two $25.99
Our Lobster Boat to Table Package turned into Boat to Lobster Roll Package for 2 lucky guests at Windward House. http://t.co/GzeFveVE3I
We at Windward House already know that #Kind is the new Cool. http://t.co/d9t5OJmtHY
Loving the #Maine laid back lifestyle. Enjoy this Maine Cocktail while watching the #WorldCup http://t.co/YDbSuddlrc http://t.co/FoAsk0DeYC