Posts Tagged ‘Vegan’
- 1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (do not melt)
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats, processed into flour (or 1.5 cups oat flour)
- 2-4 teaspoons coconut milk (only if needed to moisten batter)
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flax and water and set aside for a few minutes to thicken – creating the flax egg.
- Combine flax egg, coconut oil, organic peanut butter Add brown and cane sugars. With an electric mixer, beat the ingredients to combine and smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients, Baking soda, baking powder, Salt, processed oats. Add to the wet ingredients. If dough is dry, add a teaspoon (or two) of coconut milk and beat the mixture again.
- Fold the chocolate chips and coconut flakes in.
- take a tablespoon of dough, and place on the baking sheet 2-3 inches apart. Gently press down on each ball with a fork to flatten.
- Bake for about 17 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack
Please enjoy these Vegan Gluten Free Cookies: If you have any baking questions with this recipe, call me at 877-492-9656 -Kristi
“I developed a fondness for Maine cooking,…and to the end of my days the simple foods…will seem to me more delicious than all the “specialties of the house” that can be produced by the world’s most famous chefs.” -Kenneth Roberts from Trending Into Maine, Grandma’s Kitchen
Our American Traditional Breakfast Menu features fresh local Maine ingredients and traditional comfort foods made from scratch. You can choose to sit alone or with others. The only Bed and Breakfast in Camden that offers you choices in the morning and is VEGAN FRIENDLY and has Gluten- Free options! Our Breakfast Menu Includes our standard Maine Fresh Offerings:
KIND BREAKFAST MENU
In your complementary (FREE) made to order menu breakfast we use local and organic ingredients and favor small local and organic providers.
- Eggs – two farm fresh organic-fed free range eggs prepared to your liking
- Pancakes – Buttermilk, Maine Wild blueberry, or Orange Yogurt (can be prepared vegan and or gluten free at your request)
- Waffles – American style waffle (can be prepared vegan and or gluten free at your request) → Read more