Arts & Entertainment
art galleries & workshops
(207) 594-1800 | View Website | 655 Main St, Rockland, ME 04841
Inspiring personal growth through craftsmanship, community and traditions of the sea.
(207) 729-5500 | View Website | 58 Maine St, Brunswick, ME 04011
A fine art gallery specializing in contemporary american impressionist & realist paintings
(207) 594-5935 | View Website | 12 Elm Street, Rockland, ME 04841
Representing artists with connections to Maine since 1982.
Camden Falls Gallery
(207) 470-7027 | View Website | 5 Public Landing, Camden, ME 04843
Awaken your senses with vibrant paintings by emerging and established artists from throughout the northeast, in styles that range from photo-realism and impressionism to contemporary mixed media and plein-air.
Center for Furniture Craftmanship
(207) 594-5611 | View Website | 25 Mill St, Rockport, ME 04856
Our woodworking school offers courses in furniture making and related skills such as carving, turning, marquetry and finishing.
Dowling Walsh Gallery
(207) 596-0084 | View Website | 365 Main St, Rockland, ME 04841
Dowling Walsh Gallery is dedicated to Maine's finest classic and contemporary art.
Duck Trap Decoys
(207) 789-5363 | View Website | 10 Simmons Court, Lincolnville Beach, ME 04849
Featuring the work of Maine's best carvers, our gallery includes the finest and most extensive selection of wildlife carvings in the state.
Ducktrap Bay Trading Co.
(207) 236-9568 | View Website | 20 Main Street, Camden, ME 04843
We offer an outstanding selection of some of the best wildlife carvings in the world.
Eveline Henner Studio Gallery
(207) 594-9785 | View Website | 16 Wellington Dr, Rockport, ME 04856 Conveying the characteristic fundamentals of a perception by breaking it down to the very basic elements of form, color and movement and at the same time by emphasizing their interplay with light.
Foundry and Glass Studio
(207) 236-3200 | View Website | 531 Park Street, West Rockport, ME 04865
Creates metal castings in bronze. Glass gallery: sculpture, vases and bowls.
(207) 236-4100 | View Website | 37 Bayview St, Camden, ME 04843
Showcasing over 65 artists
Jacobson Glass Studio
(914) 715-6848 | View Website | 210 Choate Rd, South Montville, ME 04941
Experience the thrill of glassblowing with David Jacobson in his renovated 200 year old barn studio and go home with a piece of handmade glass that you created.
Maine Artisans Co-op
(207) 789-5376 | View Website | Across from the beach on Rte 1, Lincolnville Beach, ME 04849
Fine crafts by Maine artists and craftspeople
Michael Good Designs and Gallery
(207) 236-9623 | View Website | 325 Commercial Street, Rockport, ME 04856
Along with Michael's pioneering anticlastic jewelry, come discover an exciting array of sculpture, painting, jewelry, ceramic, and special objects by artists from Maine and around the world.
Orise Fine Art Studio
View Website | 312 North Shore Dr, Owls Head, ME 04854
Mediums: Oil, Watercolor, Graphite, Pen & Ink; Subjects: Marine, Landscape, Figurative
Paint It Shoreself
(207) 542-0269 | View Website | 193 Park Street, Rockland, ME 04841
A "paint your own" ceramic shop, offering ceramic classes and other various classes and events.
Small Wonder Gallery & Frameshop
(207) 236-6005 | View Website | One Public Landing, Camden ME 04843
We are an intimate second generation-owned gallery featuring original watercolors and oils, etchings, limited-edition prints and giclees, jewelry, stain glass and sculpture.
Tillman Crane Photography
(207) 230-0199 | View Website | 22 Pearl St, Camden, ME 04843
Platinum and palladium prints, 19th century materials blended with a 21st century aesthetic
(800) 789-5188 | View Website | 2596 Atlantic Highway, Lincolnville, ME 04849
At Windsor Chairmakers, we really do build furniture to order, to your specifications, one piece at a time.
American Lighthouse Foundation
(207) 594-4174 | View Website | 186 Lighthouse Road, Owls Head, ME 04854
Located in the keepers house at Owls Head Light, visit the American Lighthouse Foundation's gift shop and interpretive center. Discover other lighthouses where you can visit, climb, and even spend the night.
Camden-Rockport Historical Society/Conway House
(207) 236-2257 | View Website | 7 Commerical Street, Rockport, ME 04856
Built about 1770 by the Thorndike Family, the Conway homestead is one of the earliest houses in the region and depicts daily life through the 1930's.
Center for Maine Contemporary Art
(207) 701-5005 | View Website | 21 Winter Street, Rockland, ME 04841
Say wow to the new CMCA. Eperience the art of this generation and the next. CMCA's exhibitions and educational programs are made to inspire and attract visitors of all ages and backgrounds.
Coastal Children's Museum
(207) 596-0300 | View Website | 75 Mechanic St, Rockland, ME 04841
Explore the natural world, Discover the arts and sciences, Learn the many wonders of Maine's coast. Over 21 exhibits.
Farnsworth Art Museum & Wyeth Center
(207) 596-6457 | View Website | 16 Museum St, Rockland, ME 04841
Discover Maine through the work of Americ's most important artists. The Farnsworth Art Museum invites you to visit its nationally renowned collection of more than 15,000 paintings, prints, drawings, and photographs throughout 12 galleries and two historic properties.
(207) 354-8062 | View Website | 30 High Street, Thomaston, ME 04861
The General Henry Knox Museum is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to celebrating the life and home of General Knox and his family, and providing educational community events.
Maine's Antique Toy Museum
(207) 832-7398 | Email | 3506 Route One, Waldoboro, ME
Return to those thrilling days of Yesteryear. We are "THE" toy museum loved by adults.
Maine Lighthouse Museum
(207) 594-3301 | View Website | One Park Dr, Rockland, ME 04841
The mission of the Maine Lighthouse Museum is to educate the public regarding the long standing traditions, heroism and progress of America's Lighthouse and Lifesaving services and the United States Coast Guard through the conservation and interpretation of the nation's most significant collection of lighthouse and lifesaving artifacts.
Maine Maritime Museum
(207) 443-1316 | View Website | 243 Washington St, Bath, ME 04530
This is Maine. The rest is history. 20-acre riverfront campus, Tours and demostrations.
Millay House Rockland
View Website | 198-200 Broadway, Rockland, ME 04841
Millay House Rockland is a new organization that champions poets and writers and is committed to restoring and maintaining the birthplace of the great American poet Edna St. Vincent Millay.
Owls Head Transportation Museum
(207) 594-4418 | View Website | 117 Museum St, Owls Head, ME 04854
The Owls Head Transportation Museum is home to a world-class operating collection of antique automobiles, aircraft, motorcycles, bicycles, engines and more.
Penobscot Marine Museum
(207) 548-0334 | View Website | 2 Church St, Searsport, ME 04974
Historic Architecture, Marine Art, Paintings, Photography, Boats, Decorative and Folk Art, Tools, Ship Models, Scrimshaw. The Museum was founded in 1936 to celebrate, preserve, and promote this exciting heritage.
Penobscot Narrows Bridge & Observatory & Historic Fort Knox
(207) 469-6553 | View Website | 740 Fort Knox Rd, Prospect, ME
The observatory is, at 420 feet and 42 stories, the tallest occipied structure in Maine. 360* views of the Penobscot River and Bay. Fort Knox, maine's largest historic fort, features stunning military architecture and master granite craftmanship.
Project Puffin Visitor Center
(877) 4PU-FFIN | View Website | 311 Main St, Rockland, ME
With fun, interactive exhibits, films, and gifts for all ages, the Project Puffin Visitor Center is a great place to learn all about the seabird restoration program in Maine.
Rockland Historical Society
(207) 594-6193 | View Website | 80 Union St, Rockland, ME 04841
The Rockland Historical Society's museum and archives are located in the lower level of the Rockland Public Library. Collections include an extensive display of Civil War artifacts and exhibits of marine art and local memorabilia
Sail, Power & Steam Museum
(207) 701-7627 | View Website | 75 Mechanic St, Rockland, ME 04841
Thomaston Historical Society & Museum
(207) 354-2295 | View Website | 80 Knox St, Thomaston, ME 04861
The museum has many items including an historic printing press, many paintings, collections of photographs and peronal letters of famous town residents along with some of their personal effects.
Bay Chamber Concerts
(207) 236-2823 | View Website | 18 Central St, Rockport, ME 04856
Bay Chamber has a rich history of presenting the best in performing arts in Midcoast Maine.
Camden Opera House
(207) 236-7963 | View Website | 29 Elm St, Camden, ME 04843
Opened in 1894 and on the National Register of Historic Places, The Camden Opera House is a 500-seat auditorium and four conference and meeting rooms owned, managed, and supported financially by the Town of Camden. It serves residents of all ages, from Camden and surrounding areas, and visitors by hosting a wide range and variety of performances, concerts, theatre, national and international conferences and other events.
(207) 594-2100 | View Website | 9 Moody Drive, Thomaston, ME 04861
Flagship Theaters feature stadium seating, digital surround sound and a comfortable atmosphere.
Rockport Opera House
(207) 542-3555 | View Website | 6 Central St, Rockport, ME
Located in the heart of the Village overlooking picturesque Rockport harbor and Mary Lea Park, Rockport Opera House offers a remarkable venue for cultural and performing arts events, public and private meetings, dances, weddings and numerous social gatherings.
(207) 594-0070 | View Website | 345 Main St, Rockland, ME
The Strand Theatre, located in downtoen Rockland on the coast of Maine, has been entertaining audiences since 1923. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the theater underwent an extensive renovation in 2005. In 2014, the theater became a non-profit organization, and is now owned and operated by the Friends of the Strand Theatre
Red Cloak Haunted History Tours
(207) 380-3806 | View Website | Camden, Rockland, Bar Harbor, Booth Bay
Participants will be taken through back streets to hear tales of local hauntings and the history behind them. Buildings that once seemed ordinary will take on eerie new dimensions as "the lady in the red cloak" relives their history and that of the ghostly entities that are said to still reside there.